EOTO #2 The Illusory Truth Effect

 Today in class, we presented our second round of EOTO’s and it was a very interesting class period and I learned a lot from my classmates. I will first show my presentation and its findings, and then discuss one of my fellow classmates and what I learned from them.


Today I presented about the Illusory Truth Effect and its effects in both the past and recent present. My next slide goes into what it is and how it works.


As explained, the illusory truth effect is an interesting theory as to why people start to believe things they know isn’t true over time. After giving an introduction as too what this effect was, I talked about the issue this causes within society.


And this is how I closed by EOTO. I also discussed famous examples of this effect within history and the present. A great historical example of this was the Roman Leader Cato. Whenever he would make a speech to the public, he would make a claim against the Carthaginians and over time, that persuaded public opinion to be more willing to attack Carthage.

If you are interested in learning more, check out this video below.










Comments

Popular Posts